1. At the Lamb's high feast we sing
Praise to our victorious king,
Who has washed us in the tide
Flowing from his pierced side.
2. Mighty Victim from the sky,
Hell's fierce powers beneath you lie;
You have conquered in the fight
You have brought us life and light.
3. Now no more can death appall,
Now no more the grave enthrall;
You have opened paradise,
And your saints in you shall rise.
4. Easter triumph, Easter joy!
This alone can sin destroy;
From sin's power, Lord, set us free,
Newborn souls in you to be.
5. Father, who the crown shall give,
Savior, by whose death we live,
Spirit, guide through all our days;
Three in One, Your name we praise.
Text: Latin hymn, 17th cent., abr.; tr. Robert Campbell, 1814-68, an
Tune. Kirchengeseng, Ivanéice, 1566
Setting © 1969 Concordia Publishing House