1. Let children hear the mighty deeds
Which God performed of old,
Which in our younger days we saw,
And which our fathers told.
2. So make to them his glories known,
His works of power and grace;
And we'll convey his wonders down
Through every rising race.
3. Our lips shall tell them to our sons,
And they again to theirs
That generations yet unborn
May teach them to their heirs.
4. Oh, teach them with all diligence
The truths of god's own Word,
To place in him their confidence,
To fear and trust their Lord.
5. To learn that in our god alone
Their hope securely stands,
That they may never doubt his love
But walk in his commands.
Hymn # 472
Author: Johann Cruger
Tune: Nun Danket All
1st Published in: 1719