1. O God of Jacob, by whose hand
Thy people still are fed;
Who through this weary pilgrimage
Hast all our fathers led,
2. Our vows, our prayers, we now present
Before Thy throne of grace;
God of our fathers, be the God
Of their succeeding race.
3. Through each perplexing path of life
Our wandering footsteps guide;
Give us each day our daily bread
And raiment fit provide.
4. Oh, spread Thy covering wings around
Till all our wanderings cease
And at our Father's loved abode
Our souls arrive in peace.
5. Now with the humble voice of prayer
Thy mercy we implore;
Then with a grateful voice of praise
Thy goodness we'll adore.
Hymn #434 from _The Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: Genesis 28:20-22
Author: Philip Doddridge, 1737, st. 1-4,
Recast by: John Logan, 1781, and st. 5
Composer: Frederick G. Baker, 1872
Tune: "St. Savior"