1. All that I was, my sin, my guilt,
My death, was all my own;
All that I am I owe to Thee,
My gracious God, alone.
2. The evil of my former state
Was mine, and only mine;
The good in which I now rejoice
Is Thine, and only Thine.
3. The darkness of my former state,
The bondage, all was mine;
The light of life in which I walk,
The liberty, is Thine.
4. Thy Word first made me feel my sin,
It taught me to believe;
Then, in believing, peace I found,
And now I live, I live!
5. All that I am, e'en here on earth,
All that I hope to be,
When Jesus comes and glory dawns,
I owe it, Lord, to Thee.
Hymn #378 from _The Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: 1 Corinthians 15:10
Author: Horatius Bonar, 1845, alt.
Tune: "St. Bernard"
1st Published in: _Tochter Zion_, 1741
Town: Cologne, Germany