1. O Jesus, King most wonderful,
Thou Conqueror renowned,
Thou Sweetness most ineffable,
In whom all joys are found!
2. When once Thou visitest the heart,
The truth begins to shine,
Then earthly vanities depart,
Then kindles love divine.
3. O Jesus, Light of all below,
Thou Fount of life and fire,
Surpassing all the joys we know,
All that we can desire--
4. May every heart confess Thy name
And ever Thee adore
And, seeking Thee, itself inflame
To seek Thee more and more!
5. Thee may our tongues forever bless,
Thee may we love alone,
And ever in our lives express
The image of Thine own!
Hymn #361 from _The Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: 1 Peter 2:7
Author: Author unknown, 12th century, cento
Translated by: Edward Caswall, 1848
Titled: "Iesu Rex admirabilis"
Composer: John B. Dykes, 1866
Tune: "St. Agnes"