1. Jesus, Thou art mine forever,
Dearer far than earth to me;
Neither life nor death shall sever
Those sweet ties which bind to Thee.
2. All were drear to me and lonely
If Thy presence gladdened not;
While I sing to Thee, Thee only,
Mine's an ever blissful lot.
3. Thou alone art all my Treasure,
Who hast died that I may live;
Thou conferrest noblest pleasure,
Who dost all my sins forgive.
4. Brightest gems and fairest flowers
Lose their beauty in Thy frown;
Joy and peace, like balmy showers,
In Thy smile come gently down.
5. Jesus, Thou art mine forever;
Never suffer me to stray.
Let me in my weakness never
Cast my priceless pearl away.
6. Lamb of God, I do implore Thee,
Guard, support me, lest I fall.
Let me evermore adore Thee;
Be my everlasting All.
Hymn #357 from The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Ps. 73: 24
Author: Matthias Loy, 1863
1st Published in: "Psalmodia Sacra"
Town: Gotha, 1715