1. Jesus, Savior, come to me;
Let me ever be with Thee,
Come and nevermore depart,
Thou who reignest in my heart.
2. Lord, for Thee I ever sigh,
Nothing else can satisfy.
Ever do I cry to Thee:
Jesus, Jesus, come to Me!
3. Earthly joys can give no peace,
Cannot bid my longing cease;
Still to have my Jesus near,
This is all my pleasure here.
4. All that makes the angels glad,
In their garb of glory clad,
Only fills me with distress
If Thy presence does not bless.
5. Thou alone, my God and Lord,
Art my Glory and Reward.
Thou hast bled for me and died;
In Thy wounds I safely hide.
6. Come, then, Lamb for sinners slain,
Come and ease me of my pain.
Evermore I cry to Thee:
Jesus, Jesus, come to me!
7. Patiently I wait Thy Day;
For this gift, O Lord, I pray,
That, when death shall come to me,
My dear Jesus Thou wilt be.
Hymn #356 from The Lutheran Hymnal
Text: Is. 26: 9
Author: Johann Scheffler, 1657, cento
Translated by: Matthias Loy, 1861, alt.
Titled: "Jesu, komm doch selbst zu mir"
Tune: "Gott sel Dank"
1st Published in: "Neues geistreiches Gesangbuch"
Town: Halle, 1704