1. Delay not, delay not, O sinner, draw near,
The waters of life are now flowing for thee.
No price is demanded; the Savior is here;
Redemption is purchased, salvation is free.
2. Delay not, delay not, O sinner, to come,
For mercy still lingers and calls thee today.
Her voice is not heard in the vale of the tomb;
Her message, unheeded, will soon pass away.
3. Delay not, delay not! The Spirit of Grace,
Long grieved and resisted, may take His sad flight
And leave thee in darkness to finish thy race,
To sink in the gloom of eternity's night.
4. Delay not, delay not! The hour is at hand;
The earth shall dissolve, and the heavens shall fade.
The dead, small and great, in the Judgment shall stand;
What power, then, O sinner, shall lend thee its aid?
5. Delay not, delay not! Why longer abuse
The love and compassion of Jesus, thy God?
A fountain is opened; how canst thou refuse
To wash and be cleansed In His pardoning blood?
Hymn #278 from _The Handbook to the Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: Acts 24:25
Author: Thomas Hastings, 1831
Melody: Welsh melody, c. 1600