1. Father of glory, to Thy name
Immortal praise we give,
Who dost an act of grace proclaim
And bid us rebels live.
2. Immortal honor to the Son,
Who makes Thine anger cease;
Our lives He ransomed with His own
And died to make our peace.
3. To Thine almighty Spirit be
Immortal glory given,
Whose teachings bring us near to Thee
And train us up for heaven.
4. Let men with their united voice
Adore the eternal God
And spread His honors and their joys
Through nations far abroad.
5. Let faith and love and duty join
One grateful song to raise;
Let saints in earth and heaven combine
In harmony and praise.
Hymn #248 from _The Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: Ps. 135:1
Author: Isaac Watts, c. 1721
Composer: Johann Crueger, 1653
Tune: "Nun danket all'"