1. This is the day the Lord hath made;
He calls the hours His own;
Let heaven rejoice, let earth be glad
And praise surround the throne.
2. Today He rose and left the dead.
And Satan's empire fell;
Today the saints His triumphs spread
And all His wonders tell.
3. Hosanna to th' anointed King
To David's holy Son!
Help us, O Lord; descend and bring
Salvation from the throne.
4. Blest be the Lord, who comes to men
With messages of grace;
Who comes in God His Father's name
To save our sinful race.
5. Hosanna in the highest strains
The Church on earth can raise.
The highest heavens, in which He reigns,
Shall give Him nobler praise.
from _The Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: Ps. 118:24
Author: Isaac Watts, 1719
Composer: Johann Crueger, 1653
Tune: "Nun danket all'"